How do you tell if you have a full-blown mouse infestation on your hands or just a couple of mice who get around the house?
At her worst, a female mouse can have 140 babies per year. Thankfully, a litter of mice ranges from 4-8 babies or upwards of 56 babies per year.
There is no exact number that makes up a rodent infestation, though, given the numbers, one pregnant mouse can make an infestation in a short amount of time.
If you hear mice scurrying around the house or see signs of them being present, it is best to give us a call and start the process of getting rid of all the mice before an infestation occurs.
What is the Fastest Way to Get Rid of Mice?
Prevention is the fastest way of getting rid of mice. You can slow down or stop the incoming flow of rodents into your home or business with preventative actions.
- Use our monthly pest control service to continually remove and destroy mice, rats, and squirrels on your property.
- Ensure that you seal all entry points into your home or business and that mice cannot chew their way inside your home.
- Clean regularly in areas of your home that do not receive much traffic. An example would be the back of the pantry, cabinets, and behind appliances.
It is a little bit of work, but it helps decrease the number of rodents that get into your home.
Where in Your home Do Mice Most often Do Damage?
There are a few common places where mice or rats cause damage. Those include:
- The Attic Space — is often a quiet spot in a home. As such, rats or mice can exist in relative safety. Not many cats venture into the attic.
- The Kitchen Space — is a place where mice or rats can find food and water. They will chew holes in stored food containers in the pantry, eat crumbs off the floor or counters, and cause significant damage to appliances by removing insulation from stoves and refrigerators.
- Outbuildings — such as garages, garden sheds, storage sheds, and other onsite buildings are prime targets for mice, rats, and squirrels. There are plenty of spaces to make nests, and because many of these buildings see very little traffic, rodents can nest in peace.
Rodent control is a constant job. Mice are not seasonal creatures. They will seek entry into homes and businesses because those places offer easy access to food, water, and shelter.
Keeping mouse populations low helps prevent large-scale infestations, which can take time and considerable energy to control. If rodents are a pest that often bothers your home or business, consider our professional pest control company. We provide comprehensive and expert pest control services throughout Bryan and College Station. With years of experience, we have the expertise and tools to control pest populations effectively. In addition, we offer emergency pest control services or monthly pest control subscription services. Give us a call and put our expert pest control service to work for your pest problems.